From classics like Tujhe Dekha Toh, to global sensations like Kolaveri Di, to recent rap song Apna Time Aayega, and landmark videos like Despacito, Lahore, Rangamma Mangamma, more than 1 billion music fans come to YouTube each month to be part of music culture and discover new music. It’s also where over 2 million artists come to share their voices and art with the world. YouTube is where artists and fans connect: creating and discovering a world of music.
YouTube Music, made-for-music app with the magic of YouTube: making the world of music easier to explore and more personalized than ever to users in India,The days of jumping back and forth between multiple music apps and YouTube are over. Whether you want to listen, watch or discover, it’s all here,YouTube Music is a new music streaming service made for music: official songs, albums, thousands of playlists and artist radio plus YouTube’s tremendous catalog of remixes, live performances, covers and music videos that you may not be able to find anywhere else – all simply organized and personalized. For the first time, all the ways music moves you can be found in one place.
Lets have a quick look at some of the best features available-
- It’s ALL here! Not just music videos, but official songs, albums, singles, remixes, live performances, covers and hard-to-find music that one can find only on YouTube.
- Recommendations built for you. A home screen that dynamically adapts to provide recommendations based on the music played before and what the listener is doing. So if you are in the gym workin’ out or escaping during your daily commute, the right music is right there on the YouTube Music app.
- Thousands of playlists across any genre, mood, activity, or language. Try “Bollywood Hotlist”, “Featuring Drake”, “Upbeat Hindi Retro”, “Cosmic Indie Pop”, “Kollywood Hotlist” or “Tollywood Hotlist” to discover new music.
- Smart search So they’ll find the song, even if you can’t remember what it’s called. “That rap song with flute”? and they got you. You can also search by lyrics (even if they’re wrong). It’s “Starbucks lovers,” right?
- The hottest videos. YouTube Music will keep you updated on what’s hot! The hottest videos in the world are right there, on their dedicated Hotlist screen. Today in India, it features Luka Chuppi, Petta – Marana Mass Official Video, Thassadiyya Full Video Song.
- Download your favorite tracks. For paid members your Offline Mixtape automatically downloads up to 100 songs you love on your mobile device, in case you forgot to do it yourself. And yes, paid members can also download songs, videos, albums or playlists too. Visit the Library tab to find it easily, along with your other downloaded albums, songs, and playlists. Adjust number of songs to download and more in your download settings.
While fans can enjoy the new ad-supported version of YouTube Music for free, they’re also launching YouTube Music Premium, a paid membership that allows you to play a YouTube music video in the background while you toggle between apps, write a text message or lock your phone while you’re going for a run, along with offline downloads and an ad-free experience for ₹99 a month, If you are a subscriber to Google Play Music, there’s good news: You get a YouTube Music Premium membership as part of your subscription each month, And if you use Google Play Music, nothing will change — you’ll still be able to access all of your purchased music, uploads and playlists in Google Play Music just like always.
To extend the features of YouTube Music Premium beyond the music app, they’re also introducing YouTube Premium, YouTube Premium includes ad-free, background and offline play across all of YouTube, as well as access to YouTube Originals including Cobra Kai, BTS: Burn The Stage. But because it includes their brand new YouTube Music service, the price will be ₹129 rupees for all new members.