Vodafone Sakhi, an exclusive safety service for women prepaid customers, focused towards giving them the confidence to live life fearlessly. Built for both smartphone and feature phone users, it can be activated over a simple call. A special offer for the Vodafone Women Subscribers enabling them to have 10 minutes additional calling, 10 digit code for recharging facilities at retail stores without disclosing mobile no, 10 family & friends to share location with.
Call your loved ones from anywhere even at zero balance, with 10 minutes of free calling,Share your location with those that matter, even without mobile internet on your phone,Recharge your number without revealing to an unknown retailer.
5 Unique Features of Vodafone Sakhi
- Prepaid Facility – Provides safety measures to women customers using Vodafone pre-paid services across the country on feature & smartphones,
- Location Alerts – In case of emergency, location alerts can be sent to 10 pre-registered contacts,
- Emergency Balance – Offers 10 free minutes to call during emergencies, even with zero talk time balance in phone,
- Private Number Recharge – Provides a dummy 10-digit number to ensure privacy of mobile number during recharge at retail outlets.
- Toll Free Activation – Dial 1800123100 (toll-free) to activate free of cost service.
Steps to opt in for this service
- Call on toll-free number 1800-123-100 (toll free)
- Register your Emergency Contacts (Friends & Family) for Emergency Alerts service
Benefits under the offer
- 10 Minutes Free talk time as Emergency Balance: Ten minutes of free calling on any local or STD mobile or landline, when balance reaches less than Re. 1, once in every 30 days.
- 10 Digit Dummy Code for Private Number Recharge: Recharge at select retail stores can be done without revealing actual number by using a 10 digit dummy code through Private Number Recharge. However, this facility shall not be available for online recharge.
- 10 family members and friends who can be registered as recipients of Emergency Alert: A facility of emergency/safe/help/location updates alerts hereinafter Emergency Alert Service(‘EAS’) through SMS update is provided which if opted by ES would enable herself to update her location and share with 10 friends and family. EAS works on all types of phones -Feature phones/2G phones/Smartphones, even without mobile internet or any balance on the phone.
- 12 Months Validity Period: This is a limited period offer by Vodafone Idea, available for a period of 12 months from the date of Activation
Triggering an alert
- To send an Emergency Alert, ES must dial 55100 and disconnect the call as soon as it is answered.
- To send a Safe Alert dial 55100 and press option 2.
Avneesh Khosla, Associate Director – Consumer Business, Vodafone Idea Limited said-“India has over a billion mobile connections and almost half of our population is women. Yet, less than 18% of mobile subscribers are women. Further, most women have access to only feature-phones and basic mobile phones. This large gap in mobile access and usage also conveys a lost opportunity to connect and empower more women. With Vodafone Sakhi, we are taking forward our long-term commitment of driving inclusion and addressing real societal problems. This unique, free of cost service will make it convenient for women to step out fearlessly and fulfil their aspirations.”