Google has rolled out a new feature for android users ,which lets them manage their phone’s messages on PC ,using a Web browser,You can now use your computer to chat with your friends through ‘Messages for web’, which shows what’s on your Messages mobile app. Messages for web sends SMS messages using a connection from your computer to your phone, so carrier fees will apply, just like on the mobile app.
With Android Messages, Google creating a messaging experience that’s available on multiple devices, which lets you share whatever you want to share, and makes it easy to take action on your messages,lets have a look at some of the best features of new messaging app:-
- Send and receive texts from your computer-Now you can easily send and receive message from your Phone in`to your PC,On Messages for web, you can also send stickers, emoji, and attach images in addition to sending text.
- Search for and send GIF-Sometimes, a GIF is worth a thousand words and conveys exactly what you mean. Now, you can tap the + button on the left hand side of the compose bar in order to search for GIFs for your conversation.
- Use Smart Reply to respond with a tap-Smart Reply saves you time when you’re messaging on the go by suggesting quick text or emoji responses to your messages. Once you’ve tapped a Smart Reply suggestion, it sends immediately.
- Preview links within your conversations-The next time your friend sends you a link to an article or a new restaurant, you’ll have an idea of what you’re about to click on. You’ll see an inline preview of the link, directly in your conversation.
- Copy one-time passwords with ease-Now, when you receive a message with a one-time password or code from a secure site —such as your bank—that you’re logging into, you can save time by copying that password directly from the message with a tap.
You can start using messages on web service easily in no time,by just following a simple set of steps,which includes updating your messages app and scanning the QR code,Follow the simple steps below in order to start using ‘Messages for web’ service:-
- Initially download the latest version of “Android messages” from the Google playstore ,following the link attached,
- Now open this app on your Phone,Tap on the three dots from the Top right side , select the option “Messages for Web” and Tap the QR code option,
- Now on your PC head to this link from your Web browser,
- And scan the QR code shown on the screen using your mobile phone,
- Once the code is scanned you will be connected to the “Messages on web” ,where you can Send ,receive and manage all your SMS needs online,without using your phone.