Aircel is facing some serious network issue ,some of the users have completely lost their aircel Sim’s signal since the past week,the company filed for bankruptcy on 28th Feb 2018 for undertaking the Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process (“CIRP”),The Board of Directors acknowledged that it has been facing troubled times in a highly financially stressed industry, owing to intense competition following the disruptive entry of a new player, legal and regulatory challenges, high level of unsustainable debt and increased losses.
The Company emphasized that CIRP is not a proceeding for liquidation, rather is a process to find best possible resolution for the current situation and that would be in the best interest of everyone (vendors, lenders, distributors, employees, promoters, govt. etc.)to protect and preserve the value of the Company and manage the operations.
With MNP (Mobile number portability),users can change their current operator keeping the same mobile number in use, For people who want to port out of aircel network,need to send an sms ,and generate a UPC ,which will proceed the porting process,below we are listing out two methods for users to generate the UPC with or without sending the SMS.
Method 1 (Within network coverage range)
- Users initially need to generate a UPC ,by sending an SMS from their phone,send an sms in the following format from your Aircel sim, PORT(Space) Aircel Mobile number,example-
PORT 7785xxxxxx send to 1900
- In Response to this sms ,users will get a UPC (Unique porting code),
- Next you need to visit your nearest retailer along with the UPC code and all other documents, (Address proof & Photographs) ,in order to initiate the process
Method 2 (For no network coverage)
- Initially download the Sim data app from playstore,this app will help you in easily getting your 19 or 20 digit sim card serial number,
- Next dial one of the number below as per your circle from any Operator/mobile ,select the UPC option,and input your 10 digit aircel mobile number,
- Finally input the Last five digits digits of your Sim card’s serial number as requested, retrieved from the Sim data app,
- Now the UPC code will get generated,Get to the nearest retailer along with your documents and the UPC,to carry on the porting process.
|Bihar & Jharkhand||9852012345|
|Tamil Nadu||9750999209 /9551299210|
The porting code generated will remain valid for 15 days,it will take normally around 10 days for the porting process to complete,once porting is complete ,the old sim will lose its signal completely and the new one will get active,Once done,Insert the new sim card and get started.