Upon applying for Aadhaar card,a user receives it after a time-span 60 to 90 days ,after the complete verification and processing of all the necessary details submitted during the registration process,UIDAI offers users online and offline facility to check and track their aadhaar status during this waiting period,Aadhar card is one of the most important ID card which is required is most of the fields for the purpose of Identity verification,Aadhaar also offers its users options to manage their Aadhaar card data online from the UIDAI website.
Before collecting acknowledgement slip containing Enrollment ID,You have to visit an Aadhaar Enrollment centre set up by Enrolment Agency to enrol for Aadhaar, You can search nearest Enrollment centre by clicking This Link , You have to enter State, District and locality for finding the nearest enrollment centre. The Aadhaar enrollment process includes visiting Enrollment Centre, filling the enrollment form, getting demographic and biometric data captured, submitting proof of Identity and address documents.
A. How to Check your Aadhaar Enrollment Status online
The top of your acknowledgement slip contains 14 digit enrollment number (1234/12345/12345) and the 14 digit date and time (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss) of enrollment, These 28 digits together form your Enrollment ID (EID).
- Initially Head over to This link ,landing to the Enrollment status page,
- On This page input your ‘Enrollment ID’ along with the data and Time,
- Click ‘Check Status’,if your Aadhaar card is Generated,you will get an option to download it online ,or get the 12 Digit aadhaar number on your registered mobile number,
- Click on Download “E-Aadhaar” to download the Aadhaar card online,Click “Get on Mobile” in order to get it by SMS.
B. How to Check your Aadhaar Enrollment Status online (Without Enrollment ID)
In case you have lost your EID, you can Retrieve Lost EID/UID. For this you will require your registered mobile number which you had declared at the time of your Enrollment.
- Head over to This link,landing to the lost ID recovery page,
- On this Page you will have two option One to Recover Lost UID and Another one to Recover EID,
- Select the “Recover EID” option,Fill up your Full name,Email,Mobile number and Security code,
- Next Click on the “Send OTP” option ,One time password will be Sent to your Mobile number or Email,
- Input the OTP and click Verify,Upon Verification your Enrollment number will be displayed on the screen,
- Use the Enrollment number with the Steps shown above (Point ‘A’) to check the Aadhaar status.
C. How to Check your Aadhaar Enrollment Status Via SMS
You can also check the Aadhaar status offline by just sending an SMS ,this SMS is required to be sent in the prescribed format as below.,upon sending the SMS ,you will get the details regarding your Aadhaar card.
- Aadhaar Status can also be obtained by sending an SMS as follows:-
- “UID STATUS <14-digit Enrolment Number>” to 51969, or
- “UID STATUS <28-digit EID Number>” to 51969.
- If Aadhaar has been generated and SMS has been sent using registered mobile number then Aadhaar number will be communicated to the resident.
D. How to Check your Aadhaar Enrollment Status On Call
You can also check your Aadhaar card status by just dialing a toll free number,dial the number and response as per the instructions,using your phone’s keypad option during the call.
- Dial “1947” from your mobile and,
- Follow the IVR instructions,select your language,follow the flow,Select the check Aadhaar status option and input your Enrollment ID.
Aadhaar is essentially a paperless online anytime-anywhere identity assigned to a resident to cover his/her entire lifetime,The verification of his identity is done online with the help of authentication devices which connect to UIDAI’s Central Identity Repository and return only a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ response to the basic query-“Is the person who he/she claims to be?” based on the data available with UIDAI.