Virus protection has become an umbrella term for defense against various kinds of malware, These days, antivirus packages are expected to offer at least some form of resistance against zero-day exploits as well, With this being the trend, Comodo Free Antivirus, comes equipped with a slew of impressive security features, which has become a force to reckon with and therefore is definitely one of the best virus protection software in the IT security market.
Comodo’s unique Default Deny Protection, ensures all the applications or files (be it good, malicious or bad) are denied by default until they prove themselves to be harmless, is pretty effective against not just the modern-day malware (which is pretty sophisticated) but against zero-day exploits as well,below are some of the best features of Comodo free antivirus:-
- Default Deny Approach-Unique approach adopted by Comodo which prevents all files by default from entering the system until they prove themselves to be harmless.
- Containment-Technology which backs default deny approach by ‘containing’ or ‘restraining’ files and running them in a separate environment, until they prove themselves to be harmless, without affecting your PC(s) security.
- Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS)-Ability to comprehensively monitor your PC(s) and prevent malicious attacks from entering it. It makes use of a ‘set of behavior analyzers’ to carry out the search.
- VirusScope-Another technology unique to this free virus protection software, which is useful for local PC analysis. It also helps PC users to undo malicious-looking changes which PC(s) might have recorded as a result of malicious actions.
- Efficient Whitelisting- Ability to mark certain files as trustworthy and give them default access.
- Cloud-based Behavior Analysis– With the increase in zero-day malware, A need for a cloud-based behavior analysis system ,which can keep up with the various latest malware is quite critical.
- And More- Other security features like absolute application control, one-click virus scanning, personalized protection alerts, customizable protection etc, make Comodo free virus protection software very powerful.
You also get other features like prevention-based protection, cloud-based whitelisting, game mode, spyware scanning, application control, personalized protection alerts and more, ensure the core technology – which is Default Deny Protection – is supported well and remains the central theme of the Comodo Antivirus.
Comodo Free Antivirus is compatible with various Windows operating systems like Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Windows 10 etc., and is available for Mac operating systems too. And if PC users are satisfied with Comodo Free Antivirus, they also have the option of taking their security to the next level by upgrading to Comodo Internet Security (CIS).