You might have heard about popular programs like apple siri, and the dictation program Dragon NaturallySpeaking.but there are few other apps based on recognition
- Evernote(Free;android,ios,mac,windows):-A popular notepad app that keeps your notes synchronized over all your gadgets,if you capture a photo its ocr decipher the writing as text
- Shazam(free,java,android,ios,windows)-This is a song recognition app,you are listening a song ,just start the app ,the app returns you the song name,album,etc
- SoundHound(Free;ios android)-This app is similar to shazam ,but with an additional feature you can also sign a song and let it recognize it,no need to play the actual song
- Bird Song ID(4.60$,ios)-Record a bird’s warble and let the app tell you what species are you hearing,the clearer the voice the better will be the recognition,Most importantly this app works without internet
- Leafsnap(Free,ios)-Take a pic of a leaf(keep the background white) and the app will recognize the plant it came from
- Color Identifier(2$;ios)Color Reader(free;android)-This app can recognize the colours you show it
- LookTel(10$;ios)-Show this app a bills and it speaks the amount,you can train this app and it will recognize objects for you.